- Email NHTSA
- Hearing Impaired (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Headquarters
- 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
- West Building
- Washington, DC 20590
NHTSA was established by the Highway Safety Act of 1970 and is dedicated to achieving the highest standards of excellence in motor vehicle and highway safety. It works daily to help prevent crashes and their attendant costs, both human and financial.
All About NHTSA: Offices, Mission, Budgets, Policies
- NHTSA Strategic Plan: The Road Ahead (2016-2020)
- Calendar of Designated Safety Weeks and Annual Conferences (2016-2017)
- NHTSA Organizational Chart
- NHTSA Budget Information
- NHTSA's Electronic Reading Room (ERR)
- NHTSA Core Values and Commitment to Serving Customers Values that underpin the assurance of safe, secure, efficient vehicular travel.
- Who We Are and What We Do
- NHTSA Interactive Timeline
- "This is NHTSA" Brochure
- NHTSA Image Collection Contains a variety of graphics, photographs and logos for downloading and use in highway safety programs
- NHTSA Traffic Safety Material Ordering System
- Statement of Ownership and Restriction of Liability
- Policy Regarding Visitors to NHTSA
- DOT's "No Fear Act" Statistics The No Fear Act requires Federal agencies be more accountable for violations of anti-discrimination and whistle-blower protection laws.
- NHTSA's 10 Regional Offices Each Regional office provides numerous services to its States, as well as other public and private sector customers. These services include, but are not limited to, technical assistance, administering the agency's grant fund programs, assisting in coalition building, and delivering training.
November 23, 2016U.S. DOT proposes guidelines to address driver distraction caused by mobile devices in vehicles
November 21, 2016Seat belt use in U.S. reaches historic 90 percent
November 14, 2016NHTSA sets 'Quiet Car' safety standard to protect pedestrians